November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving 2012


This has been a year of gratitude.

"Thank you thank you thank you for this job."

Expelled into the morning air every single day I walk to the metro. Every single morning. I am so grateful for a job. In this field. Health insurance, grocery money, and student loan payments. A beginning and a place to stand with steady footing. And there wasn't a morning that went by that gratitude did not bubble up and out. I am so thankful.

"I still can't believe I actually live here. Thank you."

Murmered each night as I crawled into bed. They dissolve the long days and brighten the ones without enough hours. They fill the hours with laughter and comfort. Melodies and harmonies - we have both.They let me be me. Whole and undefined. These four walls and a roof - they are so much more. So much more than I could have hoped for. I am so thankful for these people. For these friends.

I am grateful I found some balance this year. I somehow managed to work, sleep, write, socialize, plan, travel, and spend time with friends and family with only twenty four hours each day. Without stress, anxiety, or adrenaline. That is a first for me. A first for which to be grateful. I am.

I am grateful to have found someone here, everyday, who is precisely where I am in life right now. I am grateful to have found someone to share the moments of the day, big and small.

I am grateful for the people who stand next to me from miles away. Hold me up, lift me up, let me stand on my own. I am grateful for the constant of friends and family. Always.

I am grateful for you. For the time you spend reading my sometimes too long, almost nonsensical (but I hope not quite) strings of words. For the support, encouragement, and love you leave in comments. For coming back time and time again.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment