February 29, 2012

Wednesday Morning


I dropped or knocked over seven things this morning.

I almost didn't get off the metro at my office stop. It's the first time in a long time that I've read on the metro in the morning. Apparently, it doesn't take long for me to become absorbed in a book and forget everything around me. Less than eight minutes in fact.

Going to bed does not mean the same thing as going to sleep. To actually feel more rested in the morning, I need to go to sleep earlier. Not just climb into bed and pull my computer into my lap earlier.

Walking into work, I took a few steps back from the curb to avoid the splash from car wheels speeding through puddles, and I backed right into the curb of the park's garden bed behind me. I teetered. I tottered. I laughed at myself. And caught the cute guy next to me looking at me with concern. Much much concern.

I know I have a few new readers (Hi! Yay! Thanks reading!) and I thought it might be nice to get to know each other a little better. Here are a few things I'd love to know about you all:

Names! What's your name? Or, what do you wish your name was? Or, what's your favorite name?
Places! Where do you live? Or where do you wish you lived? Or where are your favorite travel-but-not-to-live-there places?
Websites! Where do you write/post photos/share songs/pin things, etc? Or, which sites do you absolutely love?

What do you want to know about me? I'm open to answer pretty much anything...

 Answer and ask in the comment section or using Formspring. I have a few questions waiting in my formspring account, so your questions won't be lonely, I promise. And I'll post the answers, um... soon.

4 comments:

  1. Got to love those mornings  - I have been so absorbed in a book that I've been jolted into consciousness only to rush off the train and realise I am one stop early. Fail ...

    I am a new-ish reader/ follower so here are a few things about me:

    My name is Melissa, it's a pretty good name. I do wish it was cooler and there were less people who share it (I was one of 4 Melissa's in my grade at school). But, it's Greek and it means honey bee, which I think is quite sweet.

    I live in London, but am originally from South Africa. I LOVE LOVE LOVE London and hope to be naturalised as a British citizen one of these days. It is my heart, my soul, my everything. I just love this city so much. If it were a man, I would be throwing myself at it every night:)

    I'm a blogger over here: http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com

    I am also on Twitter - you can follow the link on my blog

    I am also on Instagram as UnpublishedLife (I think) ...

    I love all of the above!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for saying hello! I know what you mean about having a common name - I think every other person has the name Emily, too. I have always, always, always wanted to travel to South Africa. It's probably been in the top three places I want to visit since middle school. London is also on my to-travel-to list, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it through your blog. I can't wait until I find and live in a city that I would want to throw myself at if it was a man. I love that description! Thanks again for saying hi! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I'm Jenny (a name once loathed, now loved) and I write at aimlesslyjenny.blogspot.com and www.franklyfatso.com. I've been reading your blog for only a few months (I believe I found it through Alivia?), but I'm pretty hooked. It often (but not always) makes me sad, but in a good way. If that makes sense? I often intend to write with more feeling and honesty, two things your posts always seem to emit, but my classic combo of sarcasm and every-other-word witicisms usually dominate the dialogue. But, oh well. A voice is a voice is a voice.

    Anyway, I live in DC (from Small Town, PA) and like it here enough, but I wish I lived in Colorado or Seattle or Budapest or anywhere new because I've been here almost 2 years and I crave change.

    In closing, I love your blog, thanks for the words.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, hi! I spent some time wandering around your blog and I think you are really funny - I love your posts. I think it's interesting because I often wish I could be a little funny or at least less serious, but I have a hard time deviating from my natural way of writing. I completely agree that a voice is a voice is a voice, and I do really like yours!  

    Also, I fell in love with Seattle when I went last fall for work. If it wasn't so far from my friends and family, I would live there in a heartbeat. I think I'd like Colorado too, but I haven't really had a chance to get a good feel for the area. Hopefully sometime soon I can do that! Oh and Budapest, I hear such great things about that city. It's definitely on my to-travel-to list. 

    Thanks so much for saying hello and I'm so glad you like the blog! 

    ReplyDelete