April 11, 2012

Decisions and Neighborhood Dreams

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Not so long ago, I decided not to live in this area of the city. I haven't regret that decision for even a moment. Where I live now is so right for me that I have a hard time putting it into words. More recently, I decided not to live here in the near future. I'm pretty certain that I won't regret that decision for even a moment either. And for all the times in the near future when I'm at a loss of words to explain why I made the decisions I have made, all I have to do is think about how much I love where I live right now. How much I love this home. And how I'm learning, again, to trust my decisions.

But. My goodness. How gorgeous are these neighborhoods? I still love this area of the city. I don't think it gets closer to perfection than this. And how lucky am I to love where I live and still be able to spend a Saturday afternoon wandering these streets? So, so, so lucky. Of that I am certain.

4 comments:

  1. These photos are great! I'm new here... browsing around and decided to comment instead of lurk. :) I LOVE the look and feel of your blog so far- off to check out some more! Happy week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, they are very gorgeous, but it is so comforting to know that with all that beauty, you take solace in your own space- good for you! I loved your sugar post, by the way! I read Polan's stuff and try to take it to heart as it is so very important. That link though to the book!!!! Never heard of that Jay Parkingson doctor, but man, he could be on Grey's Anatomy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying so hard with the sugar, and although it is difficult, I'm doing better than I expected. I read all of Polan's book this afternoon, and I love it. I'm not as good as I used to be about eating "real" food, so I'm excited to start doing better in that area, too. I loved your yogurt post the other day, by the way. It looked sooo good!! And yesssss, he could totally be a Grey's Dr.... =)

      Delete