January 23, 2011

As I Write This, A Train's Horn Echoes In The Distance

Random, incomplete thoughts in no coherent order:

My internet here is slow. So slow. Like, sometimes not able to watch Hulu TV shows slow.

I love my job. I am also determined not to define myself by my job. Thus, end of jobspeak.

I live with two people. I made an effort to say hello to them when I moved in last weekend. I saw the girl on Friday morning as I made my lunch, and I haven't seen the guy since I moved in. I feel like I'm living alone. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I completely stopped my 365 project. I feel guilty about that. And would like to note that I am usually pretty good with commitment. Starting up 365 project again. Tomorrow. Whoa. #OnTheSpotDecisionMaking

My bedroom window faces the west. In a few weeks, I will be able to see the sunset each night. This makes me happier than I ever expected.

I'm looking forward to when every. single. moment. of. every. single. day. no longer feels brand new. And I'm looking forward to when I finally figure out the best shortcut through the metro parking garage.

I keep writing long, detailed, analytic (boring) posts about this New Beginning in my life and then deleting them. I never figure out why I hit the delete button, because my analytic energy is sapped by the time I do. Breaking the cycle now by not analyzing and not deleting. (My apologies?)

I'm working towards getting this space back to at least semi-coherent writing. (Read: I'm adjusting to a new schedule (and everything else...) and my words are feeling a lot like I do at the start of new situations: unsure, hesitant, and so very quiet. Give them some time, and they'll warm up...)

I hope you all had really great weekends. Will you tell me a little about yours? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment